Dining Services Staff
|Title:||Dining Services Staff|
|Type of Appointment:||Part-time, seasonal|
Dining Services Staff- Cashier, Server, Barista, Catering & Kitchen
California State University, Dominguez Hills Foundation
California State University, Dominguez Hills Foundation
About the CSUDH Foundation
The California State University, Dominguez Hills Foundation was incorporated in 1968 as a partner of the University to provide services and develop and enhance programs that are an integral part of the University's educational mission. CSU Dominguez Hills is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County. Established in 1960, CSU Dominguez Hills is one of the 23 campuses that comprise the California State University system.
Any inquiries should be directed to the Foundation Human Resources Office at (310) 243-2373.
About the Position
Reporting directly to area Managers or Supervisor, these positions will work in different areas of the Dining Services Department at the CSU Dominguez Hills Foundation.
These positions must be flexible in scheduling with the ability to work in different locations within the dining services department. All positions play a critical role in assisting with controls such as inventory control, waste control, safety and sanitation (must be certified) while maintaining the overall satisfaction level of customers.
The ideal candidate is a mission-driven multi-tasker who can simultaneously focus on the day to day tasks while staying focused on important details and customer needs. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. He/she will have the ability to work independently on tasks assigned from to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities.
This position is a part-time hourly (seasonal) position without benefits.
All staff positions provide an ultimate dining experience by crafting all beverages and food to standard, creating an inviting atmosphere, and providing exceptional service.
- Exhibit a positive, helpful, and engaging attitude.
- Comply with all department / Foundation Policies and Procedures including the Integrity commitment to our on campus brand.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record and adhere to the Dress Code and Appearance Policy.
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned by director.
- Greets guests with a positive, energized enthusiasm, to create a more personal experience, while providing exception customer service.
- Assist with the ordering process for both restaurants while working with our procurement agent to control costs and purchase required products used to operate.
- Maintain equipment to a high level of operating standard and cleanliness.
- Managing their schedules while accurately using approved time clock procedures using and systems in place. Micros POS, Hot Schedules Program and departmental standards.
- Will assist direct manager or supervisor to maintain standard at all times.
- Must meet the legal age requirement for the State of California to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must be flexible in schedule and able to work any shift as assigned.
Skills and Physical Requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Desired to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to multi-task
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Capability to stand on feet for an entire shift which could be up to 8 hours
Education and/or Experience
- Prior Customer service experience is strongly preferred
- Prior Restaurant experience is a plus
- Serv Safe Certification or LA County Food Handlers Permit Required
Employment at the Foundation is on an at-will basis and can be terminated by either an employee or the Foundation at any time with or without cause or advanced notice. Permanent status can neither be obtained nor granted.
Employees in this position work primarily indoors/on adjacent patios on campus at CSUDH. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Review of applications will begin on July 1, 2015 and the various positions will remain open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Foundation Human Resources Office at (310) 243-2373.
This position requires new hire/re-hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in partnership with the Social Security Administration.
If hired, the successful candidate will be required to furnish proof that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth as a condition of employment.